Every kid loves to hear the word “let's go to the Park”. There are over 30 parks in San Mateo offering several features and activities. We have highlighted a few which are popular with parents and kids.
- Central Park: This park has something for everyone including picnic areas, bathrooms, children’s train, and children’s playground area. This park also has a Japanese garden where the kids love to go and see the Koi pond -- and great seasonal activities, like ice skating in the winter and free music in the park during summer evenings.
- Beresford Park: Located next to the main Recreation Center, this park offers a fun playground for little and big kids alike, lighted tennis courts, bocce ball courts, ball fields, skate plaza (great for scooting!), bathrooms and picnic areas.
- Ryder Park: This park overlooks the San Francisco Bay and has a great children’s area with a water feature, which is popular with the kids in summer, and creative play areas to keep them busy. This park also has picnic areas, a bike trail right by the water and bathrooms.
- Coyote Point Recreation Area: This park is also situated on the water with beautiful views of the bay. Besides its many picnic areas, it has great playgrounds, beaches, large lawns, a marina and yacht club, a fishing jetty, and a large nature museum. The park has a network of roads, bike paths, and pedestrian-only paths. NOTE: There is a $6 fee per car – but it’s free with a CuriOdyssey membership.
- Paddock Park: This newer neighborhood park provides an enclosed playground, picnic tables, restrooms, an open lawn area and even a half basketball court. There are bathrooms at this location.
- Indian Springs Park: This small park is mostly shaded, which is great during hot weather, and has two play structures - for big and little kids - as well as picnic tables.